MultiCal Pressure Sensitive Labels
Read these instructions completely before you begin.
• MultiCal Pressure Sensitive label sheets - White, Brushed Silver, or Clear.
• Sublimation ink transfer(s)
• Teflon cover sheet (optional)
Step 1: Adjust the Heat Press
Heat Press Temperature: 380o F
Dwell Time: 35 - 45 seconds
Step 2: Print Your Transfer
Print your sublimation transfer in the usual way, mirror image.
Step 3: Transfer the Image
1. We recommend that you cover your press bed with a clean wrinkle-free sheet of Teflon.
2. Place the MultiCal sheet face up, on your heat press.
3. Place your transfer face down on the MultiCal sheet. We recommend using heat resistant tape to secure the transfer to MultiCal in the correct position.
4. Use Firm pressure, press at 380o F for 30 - 45 seconds.
Transfer Tips, Techniques & Troubleshooting
For application to flat metal, apply MultiCal to the metal first, then trim the metal to size before sublimating. This method prevents shrinkage and facilitates correct registration of the image onto the metal.
Use a laser engraver to cut out intricate and exacting shapes, i.e. watch dial faces.
Never press MultiCal more than one time!
1. Window and bumper stickers.
2. Photo album and binder covers.
3. Personalized labels for canning or bottled food products. MultiCal holds up perfectly on glass jars and bottles, even under the rigors of numerous dishwasher cycles.
4. MultiCal does shrink thus keep the sheet size small, not larger than 9” x 12” for best results.
5. Magnets. Design a transfer with several magnet images on a page, adding “cut” lines in between each image. Sublimate the entire transfer page of images onto each MultiCal sheet. Laminate MultiCal over the top of magnetic sheeting. Squeegee out any air bubbles. Use a cutting board to cut inside the lines. Applying water to the surface of the magnetic material will assist in ridding air bubbles to the surface.
MultiCal-made magnets are less expensive than “sublimatable magnets” that shrink and lose their magnetic properties under the extreme heat of the press. The end result is a better quality magnet for less money.
6. Proofing sheets. MultiCal is perfect as an inexpensive proofing sheet. Transfer your image to MultiCal, then check your colors before you transfer to a more expensive product, such as tile or mugs.
For support on these or any of our products, please call our toll-free number for assistance: 877.795.1500. You may also write to us at Support@LaserReproductions.com.