Sandstone Coaster – square or round
Read these instructions completely before you begin.
• Sandstone Coaster. Note: The print side is bright white. The non-print side is beige.
• Sublimation Transfer
• Heat Resistant Felt Pad
• Heat Gloves
Step 1: Adjust the Heat Press
Heat Press Temp: 400o F
Dwell Time: 4.5 – 5.5 minutes
Pressure: Medium 60 psi
Important: For use with swing-away type heat presses only. Clamshell presses apply weight and heat unevenly, and are not recommended for sandstone coasters or other fragile hard goods. These instructions, including transfer times and temperatures, are based on the presses, inks, paper, and products we use. Your inks, papers, etc. may require adjustments in your time/temp settings.
Step 2: Design & Print Your Transfer
1. Design your transfer so that it is slightly larger than the coaster (> 4” in diameter), or print using registration marks to line-up the image.
2. Print the transfer using sublimation transfer paper.
Step 3: Transfer the Image
1. Place the felt pad on your press bed.
2. Place the transfer face-up on the heat press.
3. Place the coaster face-down on the transfer and make sure it is registered. Note: The print side or “face” is the bright white side. (See the picture above.) Important: Do not add cork to the coaster until after you’ve finished pressing.
4. Press with Light pressure at 400o F for 4.5 – 5.5 minutes.
5. Remove coaster and transfer from press. Carefully peel away transfer. Let air cool. Caution: Do not immerse the coaster in water to cool.
6. Once cool, peel paper from cork backing and press onto back of coaster.
Transfer Tips & Techniques
• If you have any problem stop pressing and call or email Customer Support immediately.
• If you notice any paper sticking, reduce the temperature to 385o F. Press one more coaster at that temperature. If that does hot help call or email Customer Support for assistance.
• After several pressings the felt pad may become compressed, and you may need to increase pressure slightly when using a manual pressure heat press.
For support on these or any of our products, call us toll-free at 877-795-1500 for assistance, or write to us at email@example.com.