Mother of Pearl Jewelry
Read these instructions completely before you begin.
• Sublimatable Jewelry
• Sublimation transfer
• Green thermal mat 1/16”
• Heat Resistant Felt Pad(s)
• Heat Gloves
• Heat Tape
Step 1: Adjust Heat Press
Heat Press Temperature: 400o F
Dwell Time: 2.5 minutes
Note: These instructions, including transfer times and temperatures, are based on the inks, paper, presses, and products we use. Your inks, papers, etc. may require adjustments in your time/temp settings.
Step 2: Design & Print Your Transfer
Design your transfer based on the jewelry size and shape. If you are designing a full-bleed image, we recommend designing the transfer so that it is at least 1/8” larger than each piece of jewelry, all the way around. If using our templates, this bleed is built into the template.
Step 3: Aligning Transfer
1. Place Transfer face-up on table. The glossy side is the coated side of the jewelry. Place coated side of jewelry face down on the transfer. If there is yellow masking tape, peel it off before pressing. If you have framed shell jewelry remove the shell from the frame before pressing.
2. Align jewelry to center of transfer. There should be a slight bleed around the image which will allow you to line up the jewelry properly.
3. Secure with heat tape.
Step 3: Transfer the Image -
4. Place a Heat Resistant Felt Pad on your press bed.
5. Place your jewelry face-u on the Felt Pad. (transfer is facing down on top of the shell jewelry)
6. Lay a 1/16” (or 1/8”) over the top of the transfer paper.
7. Using Medium pressure, press at 400o F, for 2.5 minutes.
8. Remove jewelry and transfer from press. Carefully peel away transfer. Let air cool.
Caution: Do not immerse the jewelry in water to cool.
Transfer Tips & Techniques
If you notice any paper sticking, reduce the temperature or dwell time (reduce one variable at a time). If that does not help, please call Customer Support for assistance.
After a few pressings you may find it necessary to slightly increase the pressure while keeping your press closed.
For support on these or any of our products, please call our toll-free number for assistance: 877.795.1500. You may also write to us at email@example.com